Thursday, November 6, 2008

Oh the fun you can have with Thing One and Thing Two











"The sun did not shine.
It was too wet to play.
So we sat in the house
All that cold, cold, wet day."
The Cat in the Hat, by Dr. Seuss

I got out the glitter
And two containers of glue
Then wondered aloud
Why are the messiest of projects
What kids gravitate to?

Despite the newspaper
I laid out for her spot
Ava tipped over the glitter
And out came the mop
(I foolishly thought securing the table was enough)

Both girls covered in glue
From their heads to their toes
There was so much glitter on their shirts
They needed a change of clothes

By then it was two,
Plenty time left to play
So I succumbed to Bronwen's wishes
And put the tent out for the day

The lower floor is a disaster
And I'm afraid the mess will soon spread
To their room, my room,
And even to my bed

But I wouldn't change anything
About this cozy, wet day
I love my Thing One and Thing Two
More than any words can say.




No comments: