Saturday, October 4, 2008

You got a friend in me, ta da da


Conrad and I pretty much have Toy Story 2 memorized because the girls were watching it so often in Albuquerque (not that we minded because it is a pretty cute movie). In all of the excitement of the move though, they must have forgotten about it, and then switched to 101 Dalmatians and Beauty and the Beast. Well last week they rediscovered their beloved treasure.


After watching the movie, Ava came up to me and said, "Maybe I can get a Woody costume and Bronwen can wear her Buzz, and we can be same-same (they match the movie)." Now this melted my heart and I'll tell you why. Ava never asks for anything. She is very easy going, and more than anything else just enjoys having a good time. She's the type who always shares everything, kisses mommy and daddy's owies, and loves to cuddle. So, of course I had to get her the costume. Bronwen and Ava had a great time reenacting their favorite scenes for the rest of the afternoon.

1 comment:

Stacey B. said...

Your kids would totally fit in with mine! Their favorite movie for about 6 months was Toy Story 2, which Ryan calls "2 Buzzes". Ryan will be Buzz for Halloween and Alli is going to be Jessie. Although tonight Ryan said he wanted to be Dash from the Incredibles and Alli was going to be Violet. We already have the Buzz and Jessie costumes so they don't get to change their mind.
It was so cute to see your girls reinacting that scene. Our favorite is when everyone realizes that there is 2 Buzzes and they say "I'm the real Buzz lightyear" "No, I'm the real Buzz Lightyear" and Woody asks, "Who's the real Buzz Lightyear?" and they both say "I am". Ryan never gets tired of doing that little exchange with me. It has morphed into every character we can think of "I'm the real Peter Pan" and so forth. I love it. I feel like I am a part of their world.
You are such a cute mommy. We seriously need to get our kids together.