Thursday, August 7, 2008

The REAL Children's Museum

Since we've been out here I 've tried to make it a point to go on a big field trip every week with the girls. It gives us an excuse to get out of the house, and is a great way to learn our way around. Today we went to the more famous Children's Museum, which is located in Seattle Square. It's a stone's throw from the Space Needle!

Some of you may understand the significance of this trip. One of my phobias is driving in areas that I don't well. Case in point: I was so freaked out while driving on the six-lane highway (where lanes suddenly end and people fly by you, if I may add!), that when a stretch of pavement got really bumpy I became convinced that there was something wrong with one of my tires, and that I was about to veer out of control at any minute. I knew I was being crazy, so I fought the urge to pull over, and just stayed the course. My car was fine mind you. I only tell you this example so you can understand the ridiculous thoughts and "what ifs" that go through my head when I am driving to unknown locations!

Anyway, we made it and had a wonderful time. I definitely recommend this location to everyone (couples and families)! Within a quarter mile you have the museum, the Seattle Music Project (another museum), the Space Needle, amusement park-type rides, food, etc.. I can't wait to go back!

1 comment:

Stacey B. said...

I get a little freaked out driving in new areas too. You know you what you need? A GPS for your car. You can search for locations, restaurants, local attractions, etc, just like you'd do on your home computer, but it's faster and it gives you turn by turn instructions. Plus, no matter where you are, you just push the HOME button and it gives you directions straight to your front door! It's genius, really, and you'll never get lost! Plus, they are getting cheaper. I think there's one at Costco for $150ish. Which isn't bad, since they were $500 just last year. Anyways, just a suggestion.
We've been to the Seattle Children's Museum and my kids loved it. It's about time to go back there, we went last year. I'm glad you guys had a good time!