Sunday, August 17, 2008

Ode to the Balloon






How could I have known that the most entertaining item to give to Ava would cost less than $10, and not be a toy? And so it began: a love affair with a balloon.


I took the girls up to OR to visit my mom and Auntie Natasha for a night. Literally within five minutes of arriving to the house, Ava found her most prized possession -a yellow smiley face balloon- and fell in love. She cried for her balloon when Grandma put jelly on it for a photo op. Just in case you were wondering mom, she does remember the terrible incident.


Ava: "Momma, do you remember when Grandma put jelly on my balloon?"

Me: "Yes Ava."

Ava: "Ya, she was crazy!"


She ate with her balloon.


She took her balloon upstairs to watch cartoons in my bed.


Bronwen and Ava have shown their devotion to the balloon by drawing several pictures of it!


The whole thing is very sweet and funny to watch. It also gave me the answer to how I should decorate the house for Ava's upcoming birthday -with plenty of balloons!

1 comment:

Darin said...

I'm watching the olympics and they showed a little bit of water polo and I thought of you and going to watch that one dude at Beaverton. Ha Ha, LOL. Hope things are going well for you and you are getting settled in.