Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Our 12th Anniversary, Lincoln City, OR

When I just started thinking about how to start this post, the song, "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall," popped into my head LOL!  Why? Out of all the fun we had, I'm still traumatized from the 4.5 hr drive that turned into a 7 hr road trip to get there (yay, traffic in Tacoma, Olympia, Vancouver, Portland, Salem -yes, basically the whole way).  Thank God Conrad packed us a cooler filled with yummy goodies to distract us! :-)
 
Conrad and I have promised that each year for our anniversary we'll go somewhere.  Our last was spent in Hawaii, the year before was Lake Chelan.  I definitely wanted to make sure this one was just as special.  I chose Lincoln City because of all the fun memories I have of going up there when I was in high-school/college.  I thought it'd be a great trip filled with enough to do, but still let us relax and enjoy each other. 
 
We left at 1130 and got to the resort at 630.  We decided that we'd had enough of the car, so we walked down to a cute Thai restaurant for dinner.  After that was the beach, then sitting in front of a little fire pit, eating cookies.  The girls got their own room (had to get a rollaway bed since they are too big to share one bed now) and Conrad and I got to sleep in our bed facing the ocean.  The sleep was wonderful! 
 
On Saturday, we woke up early, took showers, ate and headed down to the outlets for school shopping.  We got there with half an hour to spare, so we decided to get my oil change (Conrad's idea LOL!).  With new oil and Starbucks in hand, we hit the outlets.  The girls got some great clothes and Conrad and I got a few things as well.  Lunch was at a deli -delish! :-)
 
Cate ended up falling asleep on the way back to the resort, so Conrad took Bronwen and Ava sleeping while she napped.  When she woke up, we went to one of my favorite restaurants, Kyllo's, then spent the rest of the evening on the beach flying kits, exploring the tide pools (it's so cool to see hermit crabs, anemones and fish in a natural setting) and playing in the sand.  The best part of me is that when we were out there I told Conrad that I really wish someone could take a picture of us walking along the beach (but I was too scared of handing my camera over to someone and have them run away with it).  Just then, a family came by and the dad just happened to be an amateur photographer.  I treasure the photos he took of us. :-)
 
We came home on Sunday, it only took 5 hrs, including gas/food.  It was wonderful!
 
Here's to 12 years with my amazing husband.  Happy anniversary, my love.  I love you!
 
 
































No comments: