Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Concert Time!

My wonderful friend, Corina, invited the girls and me out to a free concert at the Tukwila Community Center.  The singer was called, "Caspar Babypants."  I remembered seeing him on a flier at the Renton Rec. Center at some point last year, and I thought, "Why not?"  We loaded up a comfy blanket and went.  The music was catchy and he sang the song, "Stompy the Bear," which Bronwen found on Youtube, so that was fun to be able to sing to something live!  Little did I know that "Caspar" is actually Chris Ballew, two-time Grammy nominated lead singer for the band, "The Presidents of the United States of America."  What a treat!  We had a great time, bought two of his CDs and a children's book he coauthored with his wife and ended the afternoon playing at a nearby park.  Loved today! :-)


No comments: