Thursday, August 15, 2013

A Great Day to be Alive!

I woke up this morning filled with JOY!!!  I don't know why, but I was so thankful to be alive!  I was thankful for Conrad and thinking about how much of a good time we have.  No one is perfect, but we get each other's quirks (many are the same LOL!), we go on trips with our kids, we love to shop, we work out together and stay fit, we have great conversations, we've been together for a long time, growing up and changing in the process.  That's one of the most beautiful things about marriage is that you can grow old gracefully and in peace.  And then my girls...  They are so beautiful, smart, kind, helpful and amazing.  We get to look at all the cool new toys because of them.  We get to see the latest cartoon movie (saw Despicable Me 2 on Tuesday and it was great).  We get to discover the world again!  We have Charlie, so we go on long walks, whether it's in the neighborhood (saw two majestic bunnies today) or going to Lincoln Park along a whale-watching trail (orcas there in the fall/winter).  We have our home, health, jobs, family.  I just felt so lucky to be alive!  This feeling intensified when I took the girls to swimming lessons this morning and it was raining.  I felt so refreshed, restored and invigorated!

I may have taken this gratefulness to an extra level when I went to Target though.  The goal was to get school supplies.  Of course that's when everything they had for women was completely adorable.  That brings up another thing -why is it that when you can spend, you don't want anything, but when you're supposed to be good, everything is super cute????  Anyway, I was bad  still in the mood to celebrate life!   I just got paid for a wedding I'm doing Sunday and Conrad got paid (Bills were taken care of, so why not?).  I went crazy and you know what, I didn't even care!  I always want the kind of life where when I die, I will feel like I lived!!!  I try to base all my decisions with this attitude.  Will I really regret spending money on that trip that created awesome memories?  It's so important to me to have fun and to enjoy life and the people in it!  So, even though my bill at Target was horrendous, I was thankful for being with my girls having a great time and headed to Taco Time! :-)  

Thank you, God, for the many, many blessings your have given me!  Thank you for letting me be alive!













No comments: