Saturday, January 19, 2013

Beautiful Day

I'm waiting for Conrad to come home, while reflecting on this wonderful day. 

I took the girls with me to the gym -I did 12 pull-ups in a row & broke up the rest to get 30 in all together- yay!  We then stopped home for lunch & so I could shower before going to the library.  Books in tow,  I took them to "The Cupcake Shop."  It was kind of funny.  I wanted to surprise them with the cupcakes, but I got lost getting there.  Fortunately they were too absorbed in their books to notice hee-hee.  I found a parking spot, then Bronwen & Ava said, "Oh, I bet we're going to the cupcake shop.  Mom, are we?"  I said, "You'll see."  We got out of the car & walked toward it.  Ava, "Yep, I knew it!"  Then I tricked them by walking straight past the building (it's in downtown Renton).  Bronwen, "Oh!  I guess not!"  Then I abrubtly turned back around & said, "Just kidding!  We are!"  We ate & I had coffee while the girls read more books.  We got home & took Charlie on his "long" walk -a 2 mile loop around the neighborhood.  He was prancing with joy to be able to go on such a long walk (It's just been too darn cold to go walking around the neighborhood LOL!).

I cooked a great chicken from a cookbook I got from the library.  Brownies are baking in the oven.  I finished a glass of wine.  My honey is home.  Life is wonderful. :-)

No comments: