Thursday, February 2, 2012

Naps

Lately Cate has been trying to go without taking a nap during the day. I always lay her down with her bottle at 1 p.m., but if I hear her cute voice 30 min later (yesterday it was, "I wuv you mommy!"), I have to go & get her. I mean imagine if someone put you in a cage (the crib) & made you go to bed when you weren't sleepy -crazy! :-) It's funny because I used to treasure the down time. I would work on my website, check emails, browse facebook, while Ava would work on puzzles, play with play-doh (which I always end up regretting), or do something else.

With Cate awake though, the three of us have been doing activities together. It's funny because these extra hours actually make me more relaxed & happy than vegging on the computer. We'll play Barbies or the Wii & I feel like I'm getting to really know my kids more.

I've noticed there's a difference between staying home with your children & just keeping them alive versus staying home with your children & enjoying them.

No comments: