Monday, February 13, 2012

A Funny Story

I just remembered the funniest story today & realized I never posted it. 3 years ago...

I was a few weeks pregnant with Cate & had the most terrible "morning" sickness (as in all day, wake up in the middle of the night because you are so nauseous sickness). Instead of sitting around & thinking about my misery, every day I would take the girls out on an adventure. On this particular day I took them to Heritage Park.

Bronwen & Ava swung for a while, played on the equipment, then we decided to go on a nature walk around the park. We cut through the huge field. About 3/4 across, Ava suddenly stopped walking & started wiping mud off of her shoes. Seeing that her hands were now full of mud, I told her, "Oh Ava, don't worry about your shoes. The mud will come off in the grass. Here, you can clean your hands off on my pants." She did. And as she did, I got a whiff of the mud. It was dog poop!!!

I was already sick as it was, & this put me over the top. We went to the bathroom, where I proceeded to wash our hands & her shoes, using all the soap in the dispenser. I. Could. Not. Stop. Gagging. "Ava! [GAG]! Put your hands [GAG] under the water [GAG! GAG! GAG! BELCH!]!" It was hideous! We made it out of the bathroom & to the car. Everything stunk so bad I had to put her shoes in the trunk. When we got home, we literally stripped down in the laundry room (it opens into our garage) & took a hot bath.

As gross as it was, every time I think about it, I can't help laugh. I told Ava to wipe poop on me! LOL!

1 comment:

Jana said...

OMG!!! Derrick and I are laughing so hard, but Oh I remember those days! I had retched morning sickness with Parker, so I can only imagine how much the dog poo situation would have put me over the edge...aaahhhh those days are long gone; bittersweet