Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!







This year I got to go to not one, but two Valentine's Day parties!

Lesson number 27 in life: Always ask for forgiveness, not permission! I told Ava's kindergarten teacher that I wanted to help out in her classroom for their Valentine's Day party. I purposely did not ask if I could bring Cate. I just showed up with baby in tow. For the record, my friend, Sam, didn't go because she mistakenly asked if she could bring her baby. She was told it would be too crazy. It wasn't!!! Cate & I had a blast in Ava's classroom. While I was in charge of helping kids decorate a 100's worksheet, Cate was busy munching on snacks, playing with the computers & carrying around the dolls. At the end, she began visiting with Ava's friends, when they all decided to gather around her & "fluff her hair". I guess for good luck? Ava was very happy we were there & looked so cute when she put on her "100's Day" glasses. Miss Jenn thanked us for coming & we went back home for a few hours until Bronwen's class party.

Lesson number 27 still held. "Surprise! Yes, I'm here to help you & I brought tasty treats, so you can't turn me away when I have two children with me (Ava & Cate)." In my mind, this is how my greeting to Miss Moore, Bronwen's teacher went. Miss Moore is very strict, so I knew I was on unstable ground. I immediately got Ava to help me pass out the plates. I carried Cate, so she wouldn't get into anything. With plates passed out, I whispered over to Ava, "Ava, can you be my big helper & put a cookie on each plate while I pass out the oranges?" Ava, "Yes mommy!" And she did. Oh my gosh, that little girl is so adorable. She looked so serious as she made sure all of Bronwen's classmates got their cookie. And Bronwen, what a little doll. She held Cate & brought Ava over to her friends to introduce them to her little sisters. She truly is a little mother. We cleaned up just before the bell rang. To make the day even better, Bronwen's teacher told me that she was moving Bronwen up to 3rd grade reading. Yippee!

We got home & I made pork & rice. My lover came home right when dinner was ready. Did you know I have the world's best husband? I do. My Valentine & I snuggled & watched The Duggars. It was perfect.


No comments: