Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Random Stories

We've had some cute things happen over the last few weeks, and I realized that if I don't write them down now, I'll forget.

Ava
When I picked Ava up from school a few weeks ago one of her teachers stopped me to tell me something. She said, "Ava was the only one who knew the difference between fresh water and ocean water [they're learning about salmon lifecycles]. I asked, 'Does anyone know the difference between fresh water and ocean water?' Ava raised her hand and said, 'The difference is that the ocean has salt in it, and fresh water does not.'" Ms. C further commented, "Yes, Ava sounded like a scientist." I supressed my chuckle and thought to myself that I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Bronwen
Bronwen and Ava were invited to a birthday party held in a Tae Kwon Do studio (awesome!). Part of the package was that the children got about a 30 minute general lesson with the instructor. During the lesson he had each child kick a hand pad. Unfortunately for him he was holding it too close to his face when he was leaning over for Bronwen's turn, so when she kicked it, it hit him in the face. So much for his Tae Kwon Do catlike reflexes. "Hee-yah," my karate kid!

Ava
I started my photography class last Thursday, and Ava told me, "Ooh mom, I wish it were show-and-tell in your class. Then you could bring us." I love that little kid!

Cate
Why do I think it's so cute when that little baby yawns, stretches and farts in my bed? She is 100% love to me.