Saturday, August 22, 2009

My Favorite Cake in the World








About a week ago my friend Jana posted a recipe for Rainbow cake. I had never seen a cake like this! It looked like it would be so much fun to make (and to eat), that I decided to try and make it with the girls. Result? Success! We had a blast making it (it's surprisingly very easy to make), and it was delicious. I swear, I have never been so happy to eat cake in my life. The cake literally makes you smile!

Recipe:

Supplies:
-2 boxes of white cake mix & associated ingredients (6 eggs, water and oil)
-3 cans of frosting
-6 colors of Wilton icing dye (they're in the cake decorating section at Walmart -near scrap booking stuff)
-2 9" round cake pans
-nonstick cooking spray

Steps:
-combine both cake mixes and associated ingredients in one large bowl
-divide batter into 6 smaller containers (about 1.5 cups in each)
-add 1 dye color to each container (red in 1 bowl, green in another, etc.)
-coat cake pans with spray and bake two colors at a time (follow heating temp on cake box -mine took about 12 minutes to bake)
-clean and coat pans and bake rest of layers
-when all layers are completely cooled, add the icing and decorate

SMILE and ENJOY!!! :-D

2 comments:

Molly said...

Yum, it looks awesome! I can't wait ot have a reason to make it.

Jana said...

Very good!! The girls probably had a blast making it!