Saturday, August 15, 2009

More work on the kitchen cabinets...



Lately I have been up to my home projects again. I have been inspired by my friend Molly, after seeing some of her paint work turn out beautifully!

In a post about a year (?) ago, I showed pictures of hardware I installed on our kitchen cabinets. Well yesterday I got a wild hair to accentuate some of the trim work on them. I broke out some chocolate-colored paint and finished up the project today. We're still not quite there with the kitchen, but it's definitely making progress. Ahh how I love my home projects... :-)

4 comments:

Molly said...

That looks so good! I lvoe it! Cabinets scare me... My sister wants me to help her paint all of her cabinets but I am so nervous! I love the brown accent, so cool! I always love home projects, thanks for sharing! We spent all day on Brynley's room today. Hopefully in two or three days it will be done too!

Kelly Jones said...

The kitchen looks soooo good :) Love your island too!

Darin said...

Lookin good! Makes me miss doing home improvements. At least this house is all painted. Did you do a glaze or just paint?

Unknown said...

Hi,

You have nicely remodeled your kitchen cabinets and kitchen.

One of the quickest and most economical ways to give a tired kitchen a make over is to paint your kitchen cabinets. Applying a coat of light paint to dark wood will not only brighten up a dingy kitchen, it will also give the illusion of more space. It doesn’t matter if your cabinets are wood or veneer, with the proper preparation both surfaces can benefit from the application of good quality paint.