Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Let's go to the beach!






The girls and I are loving WA! We live two miles away from an inlet on Lake Washington. The park is called Gene Coulon Memorial Beach, and it has everything to satisfy a water lover's taste! There are two large play areas, tennis and volley ball courts, fields (for Frisbee), grills, a duck-feeding area, and a beach. I've taken the girls to the play areas before, but today we decided to put on our swim-suits and dive into the water. We had a blast!


I have to admit, at first I was a little hesitant to venture out to the lake with two small children, but any qualms melted away as soon as I saw how shallow the beach area was. It was only to my knees 15 ft out! Bronwen and Ava practiced their swimming skills (i.e. crawling/paddling on their tummies in the water), and I got a bit of a tan. We stayed for about an hour (we met one of my new girlfriends there), then came home. Now we're just hanging out, eating popcorn and watching Beauty and the Beast. Life is good. :-)

No comments: