Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Fourth of July!






Sorry it's been a while since I last wrote. My family came out for Bronwen's birthday, and my mom accidentally packed up my camera (thinking it was my sister's), so I couldn't download any new pictures. Well, a lot has happened in the last few weeks!


I have the whole house furnished and decorated. It feels so nice to be in a home again! I did have to get rid of a lot of our Southwest decorations though. They didn't quite look right in our home! Now we're just daydreaming about home improvement activities. We're going to redo our kitchen and put wood floors on the bottom floor (which is what we did in our old house -de ja vu!). :-) That will probably happen next summer.


On the family front, what a blessing it is to be near my mom, dad and sisters! The car ride from Portland to Seattle is exactly three hours -the same amount of travel time via a plane, but without the addition of security, driving to the airport, etc.. It is wonderful! Like I mentioned earlier, my family came out for Bronwen's birthday (none of can believe that she is actually a little girl now!), and I just came back from a trip there this past Monday through Thursday. It is so nice to pack up the girls and leave on a whim. I love being in the NW!


I have really appreciated the time I've had to stay at home and spend time with the girls and get the house ready. I am ready to go back to work though. Working gives me such happiness, and makes me feel like I'm a better mom as a result (I was working part-time before we moved out here -a nice balance). I've had two phone interviews for a position at T-mobile, and I go in for a real-live one next week. Wish me luck! :-)


Well, I hope you all have a wonderful fourth of July holiday. I miss each of you, and look forward to hearing from you.


Love,

Michelle, Conrad, Bronwen and Ava

No comments: