Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Leaving Las Vegas

I've never been the frou frou type to get all gaga over weddings.  Case in point, when Conrad & I got married, he went with me to pick out my dress.  Our venue for the reception was our favorite restaurant we'd been going to for years.  The wedding was small, & honestly all we cared about was having our families there.  At the time, we were saving for the down payment for our new home, had rings to pay off, had a wedding to pay for, & I was working part-time.  We decided to forgo a traditional honeymoon & do fun trips around the state instead.  I didn't care about it until last year, when my youngest sister got married.  Suddenly I was mourning the honeymoon we never had.  I mentioned it to Conrad.  He could see the sadness in my heart about wanting to feel special.  He got on the computer that night and booked tickets to Las Vegas.  Just the two of us.  He called my beautiful sister Bianca to make arrangements to watch the girls.  We were going, alone.

Alone is a big deal to us.  Since the day Bronwen was born (she's 8), we've never left the kids with anyone overnight.  In fact, we have only gone out four times on dates without the girls.  Here's why.  We are a close family.  We enjoy each other.  I always get sad in my heart thinking of experiencing something without the girls seeing it as well.  I know it may sound strange, but that's how my parents were with us, so I think that's where I get it from.  Conrad & I always have "alone time" together.  Just recently though, we've realized it's okay to experience things together too, just the two of us.  On the agenda was Criss Angel's "Believe," Cirque du soleil, "Beatle's Love," slots :-), shopping (mostly window & gifts), dinners & cocktails. 
 
Criss Angel was amazing!  We watch his show, "Mindfreak," all the time & Conrad wanted to see if Criss could really make him float (exnay on that lol).  Instead, he performed fantastic illusions with birds, saws & other stuff.  During an audience participation segment, Criss heard Conrad calling his name & threw an item in his direction (it fell on the floor in front of a lady next to us, but she looked too horrified to participate and gave the paper to Conrad anyway).  That was pretty cool. 
 
We were still on the high of seeing Criss when we saw "Beattle's Love."  Honestly, that show made Criss look like shit.  He definitely needed to step up his game.  The choreography, music, stage of Beattle's moved me to tears.  It is that good. 
 
Slots, Conrad won $60, I lost $100. ;-p 
 
Shopping, I found the Converse brand of Uggs & I love them!  As a matter of fact I wore them today for a photo shoot.  Thank you, Conrad!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We had a memorable time thanks to my husband.  It's never too late to do anything in life.  I love you, sweetheart.





No comments: