Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Belated Halloween Post ;-)









November has been the busiest on record for MichelleDouglasPhotography. This month I had 8?! photo shoots -perfect for holiday shopping! Yippee! All the work made for a lack of time for me to update our blog though, so now that Cate's sleeping, I thought I'd catch up!

Halloween was a bit of a blur this year. I think it was because Ava's birthday was a Halloween-themed costume party, so we kind of felt like we had already celebrated the holiday. The date did not go unnoticed by the girls haha! As soon as they got home from school they started asking Conrad & me when was it going to be time to go trick-or-treating. I made an early dinner & at 530 I started getting everyone ready. Bronwen was a Greek Goddess, Ava was a Darling Angel & Cate was SuperBaby! By 6-o-clock our doorbell started ringing. The plan was for Conrad to take Bronwen & Ava around the neighborhood while Cate & I passed out candy (we really thought she'd like that, & for the record, we did have her in her costume). As soon as Cate saw her sisters getting on their coats & shoes & heading to the door, she started crying. And I mean tear-your-heart-out crying. She ran to the closet & said, "Shoes! Shoes!" My heart brooookkkke. There was no way we could not take her with her sisters.

I told Conrad to give me a minute so I could put on my shoes & jacket & make a sign for the candy (we were going to just leave it by the front door). Then Conrad, my Superman, said, "Don't worry Michelle! I can take all three girls." He then smiled & scooped Cate up in his arms. He is the best dad in the world.

Baby, I love you forever~

No comments: