Wednesday, August 31, 2011

School has begun!

I vividly remember 4 years ago, when I was working at the labs & Bronwen & Ava were going to La Petite, daydreaming with Conrad on how we would "win the lottery" when both girls would finally be in school. Oh what we would do with the extra $1K in our pockets hahaha. :-) Now fast-forward several years later & here we are (Wow how our lives have changed more than I would've ever imagined!). Anyway, as of today, August 31, 2011, we now have two children in elementary school.


The girls made special place cards for their back-to-school dinner last night (pasta with bread), took a long bubble bath, & laid out their outfits in our room. While I made "mermaid waves" in Ava's hair & straightened Bronwen's, Conrad cooked us eggs, waffles & fruit. We all drove to Bryn Mawr & watched both of the big girls in their annual parade. Ava had me laughing when we got back home because she said, "The parade was so embarrassing!" Me, "Why?" Ava, "Everyone was cheering for us like we were babies." Me, "Oh! Hahahaha!" as I'm replaying Conrad & I yelling, "Yay Ava!!!! You're in kindergarten now!!!" We were cheering the loudest of course haha!

What a great day, though my heart broke this morning when Cate was walking around the house calling, "A-ah! Bron!" She was looking for her sisters.... :-( That still brings me to tears!









1 comment:

Natasha said...

Post more pics!!!