Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Day at the Park

After Cate's 15-month check-up this morning -she's perfect!- Ava & I decided to go to our neighborhood park. As we were walking there, I saw a grandmother & her grandson leaving. She was holding his hand, he was swinging his lunch bag & they were walking along a beautiful landscape. I couldn't help but think of how wonderful this little boy will feel when he is all grown up, looking back on his childhood, & remembering small moments like going to the park with the Grandma. It's incredible how quickly time slips through our hands & it's important to recognize that when interacting with the people we love. Conrad & were talking about this in the car the other day. How we'll look back on this time with our little children, functioning together as one, & remember it as the best time in our lives.


Bronwen is the leader of The Three Musketeers. She helps me so much with her little sisters. She comes up to me & puts blankets around my shoulders when I am on the computer working & they are in the living room watching TV. She always kisses & hugs us & says, "D (dad), you're the best!"


"Sister, where did you go?! I was looking for you!"

Cate is starting to want to do things herself. I thought it was appropriate that she's wearing her Nike "Just do it" shoes while trying to climb. She gets so excited to go to the park that when we drive by it she says, "Weeee!" talking about the slides & swing!


Ava, who tells me, "Mom, you're the best mom I ever had." She is the best daughter anyone could ever have.


Cate & her "concentrating" face -notice her cute, spongy pink tongue sticking out?!


We got to see a Bald Eagle flying around while we were at the park! Amazing!

No comments: