Saturday, February 19, 2011

Lazy Saturday




Today has been one of the coziest Saturdays we've had in a while. Our little alarm clock (Cate) woke us up at 5:15, but believe it or not, Conrad and I both felt refreshed. We chatted and watched the news while drinking our hot coffee, then our big girls came downstairs to join us and drink chocolate milk. Since we were all up, we decided to get a head start on the day and got ready for the gym.

While working out, a man in his 60's decided to talk to Conrad about a certain male medicine, to which Conrad responded, "Man, I need to stay away from that stuff; I have a hard enough time already. That's why I am 44 years old with a one-year-old." It was hilarious! I got an awesome workout with my good friend Hong (my arms were like jello for the rest of the day), and the girls got to play with some of their friends in the kids' club.

Back home, we had a quick lunch, then hopped in the car to take the girls to ballet class.

By that time Cate was ready for bed, yawning and rubbing her eyes with her little hands. Conrad rocked her in our bedroom while giving her a bottle, and she looked as happy as a little lamb. He put her in her soft crib, where she took a long nap. Conrad and I showered, then got back into our jammies. We've been hanging out all afternoon (after Conrad ripped out the carpet in our bathroom), with lasagna cooking in the oven and sunlight filling our home, making it warm and happy.

I love days like this. :-)






1 comment:

Brittany said...

what a great family day! I love days like that too. It's a relaxed day when you get to spend time together...but at the same time you got things done (like the gym and the carpet!) Sounds like you guys had a great weekend! :) I really wish I could feel refreshed at 5:15am though! haha!! :)