Thursday, May 20, 2010

Motherhood and Trying to Get My Body Back

I feel a little sheepish about admitting it, but I've really been into this season of the show Kendra. Yep, I'm talking about the former playboy bunny Kendra. For those of you who don't follow the show, it's been focusing on Kendra and her husband raising their beautiful baby boy born in December. What I love about the show is that it shows the reality for many of us normal women of what it's like trying to get back into shape and accepting the "new body" post baby. I love the fact that she gained 50 lbs during her pregnancy (I gained 45 -with 2-weeks left). I love the fact that she doesn't understand why the weight won't come off (as she's stuffing sweets in her mouth -like me- who ever saw a skinny cow producing good, quality milk anyway?). I love that it shows the frustration of trying to look like your old self, while trying to take care of baby. "Do I do a billion more sets of bicep curls, crunches, lunges, to look awesome, or do I leave the gym now so I have energy to play with the kids and hold my baby?"

Cate has definitely thrown me for a loop this time, and I will say that as I still have those stubborn last 10 lbs, it is hard to see my soft tummy and bigger sha-booty (as the girls say). But then I look at Cate and the girls and realize that I will have the rest of life to be a gym rat, but only a finite amount of time to cuddle my baby and nourish her. So, for all you moms out there who aren't quite where they want to be yet, give yourselves a pat on the back. Anyone can have a hot little bod, but not everyone can be so lucky to be a hot mama!

1 comment:

Stacey B. said...

Amen. Although, it is hard to see a squishy tummy sometimes, but I'm working it off now... well, hopefully I am. :)