Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Little Things

Yesterday was an amazing day at home. I felt I achieved the culmination of all of the time I've been with the girls for the last 10 months.

Bronwen and Ava decided to set up a circus in our living room. They lay out two blankets for the "audience," which consisted of all of their stuffed animals, and set aside one of our large rugs for the "performers" -actual words from Bronwen, no kidding. I don't know why, but when Bronwen used those words I got so happy because she is such a smart little girl!

Anyway, after the girls got the circus layout situated, they informed me that we needed to put our tickets (cards with letters of the alphabet) into the "mail slots." I then chimed in, "Yeah! When we put in the tickets, we should say the letter and which sound it makes." Well, Ava showed me that now she knows all the sounds. I felt so proud of her, and so happy because I knew she was learning from home. She is also a little genius! :-)

The kicker came last night during dinner. After our regular prayer, Bronwen said, "Mom, can I say something else?" "Of course," I told her. Then came, "And God, thank you for letting mom cook tacos for dinner." And Ava said, "And for a happy day." This melted my heart. These girls have learned to be thankful, hopeful, and faithful.

I love my family so much, and I am so happy to see these little miracles each day.

Thank you God. Amen!

2 comments:

Courtney Laine Carris said...

What a wonderful and perfect day. I hope I will be writing about a day just like that one in a few years (minus the cooking:) You are such great mom, Michelle; I am so very thankful I have you to learn from!!! ~c

Molly said...

That is so sweet! Little girls have such great imaginations... My neices do things like that too. I guess I need to step it up and engage Brynley's imagination a little more. Your girls are very cute! -Molly