Sunday, October 7, 2012

Happy October!!

We're ready for Halloween!!  Conrad is working weekends (taking Mondays & Tuesdays off), so this leaves plenty of wonderful time for me to spend with the girls.  We decided that on Saturdays we'd run any errands, but Sundays would be left to relax & have some quality time together.  I got out the mower, did the front & the back lawn as the girls drew on the sidewalk with chalk.  Then we pulled out the Halloween decorations.  One of my favorite things of being a mom is that you get to relive the magic felt during the holidays.  Bronwen & Ava actually hammered in the stakes to hold "Scary Scarecrow" the inflatable in place & Cate enjoyed pushing him down.  After the decorations were up, we pulled weeds, & cut branches for about an hour.  Charlie kept trying to pull all of the weeds out of the bucket OMG!  Even though I threatened about four times that we were going to put him back in the backyard, he somehow survived haha!  Then, ironically, because we are in Seattle & it is October, we watered the lawn.  I'm happy & thankful for the dry weather though.  First, the sun gives me so much energy & second because I have my preschool photo shoots on Wednesday & Thursday.  They're going to be outside -pumpkins, colorful leaves, water, trees, adorable children...  I'm excited to share the final product on Friday. :-)  Until then, happy October from our home to yours!!

No comments: