Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Growing Together as a Family


I follow a blog called the Nienie Diaries & it is fantastic (the link is on our blog). Anyway, one day the author, Stefanie, wrote a small piece about family that really struck a note with me. She wrote that while growing up, her parents always made sure she & her siblings were together, spending time with one another. That that is the reason why they are so comfortable with each other as adults (like they actually know each other!). Every time I see Bronwen, Ava & Cate playing together, I totally get was she was saying. It's easier to grow roots that intertwine with your siblings when you're seedlings versus starting the process when you're already mature [trees].


With that said, staying home with the girls has been one of the best investments that I have ever made in my life, for their life. Bronwen & Ava are attached at the hip, & it is awesome when I see the same thing happening with Cate & her big sisters. Today, when I went to get Cate from her nap, this is what I found: Ava & Cate jumping in the crib, then Cate playing peek-a-boo with Ava. I LOVE it! :-)









No comments: