Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Kitchen, Part II

Not everyone may be familiar with the story of the kitchen cabinets...

When Conrad and I lived in Albuquerque, we hated the cabinets in our old house. Had we stayed, replacing or refinishing them was next on our to-do list. The shape was fine, but the finish was almost a pinkish hue (I knew the correct name at one point, but forgot since then!). So of course with the move, I thought I would have freedom from my pink cabinetry. Unfortunately, the house we fell in love with while house hunting in WA was perfect, except for one thing. You guessed it. It has the exact same cabinets. During the tour I looked at Conrad and literally said, "Well I guess we're never going to escape them" (although I also wonder if we were subconsciously drawn to them because of their familiarity, therefore that's why we liked the house)...

Anyway, I was too afraid to try refinishing them, so I did the next best thing. Today I put new hardware on all the doors and drawers. It's the best $65 I've spent!


3 comments:

Darin said...

Looks good! Its amazing what the little touches do!

Stacey B. said...

Nope, I never check my Myspace page anymore, so I didn't see your comment. So no worries! I probably should check it once in a while.

Your kitchen looks great! I love your red island, very cool.

Courtney Laine Carris said...

It's like a different kitchen!